If your legal problem is quite complex or requires a lot of mental, time or financial investment, you might not want to hire an unqualified lawyer. You want to hire an excellent lawyer. After all, a good attorney can spell the difference between a won case and one that could have been won.
Excellent lawyers offer strategic advice, think out-of-the-box and use sophisticated procedures in order to solve the most complex legal problems. If you want to enjoy the best experience with your lawyer, it is imperative to hire the best. But how do you do that?
Tips on Choosing the Best Lawyer for your Needs
There is no secret formula on choosing a professional attorney. On the other hand, you can’t find a great lawyer by simply looking in the phonebook. You need to dig some more.
Here are some quick and simple tips that will guide you in this process and will help you select the best lawyer for your needs:
– Take a look at the website: if you can’t find a lawyer online, don’t even bother working with him. An excellent lawyer will always have a professional website that inspires credibility and authority. Check out the websites of multiple lawyers, look at their biographies and study their team. Do they appear to have enough experience and expertise in the law areas that you need? If not, you should skip them.
– Take a look at their list of representative clients: at this point, try to determine if the lawyer has represented clients with similar problems like yours. If a certain lawyer has never solved a complicated case like yours, it is probably better to keep looking.
– Referrals: lawyer referral services are a great source of information for excellent attorneys. Some referral services will carefully screen all of their potential attorneys and list only those with enough experience, strong qualifications and good reviews.
– Ask around: look online for real reviews about attorneys in your area and ask for recommendations from relatives, friends and neighbors. Sometimes the best method to find professional attorneys is to get recommendations from people who have worked with an attorney before. A word of caution here: make sure the person who recommends you a lawyer is trustworthy and is not trying to “sell” you anything.
– Contact the State Bar Association: after you have selected a few lawyers, contact your State Bar Association and make sure the lawyers you have selected are in good standing. You should also look on the website of each lawyer and determine if they have other recommendations and credentials.
– Talk to him: ultimately, select a few attorneys that meet all the above criteria and contact them personally. The lawyer you want to hire should handle your case personally and should feel trustworthy enough. If he seems like he really cares about you and you are sure you will get along with him, do not hesitate to hire this lawyer.